The Difference Between Dry and Dehydrated Skin
As your trusted dermatologist in and around Venice, FL, we at Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology make it our goal to provide you with the best in skincare. We’re proud to offer a wide variety of dermatology services to help with any problematic skin types and conditions. Two such examples that we’re able to treat include dry skin and dehydrated skin. While both cause tight, itchy skin and are also often used interchangeably, there’s actually a clear difference between the two, which we’ll be glad to explain.
Dry skin is noted by the following traits:
- Dry skin is considered a skin type that’s inherited through your genetics. This is what you were born with and it will be a constant irritant for those who have it.
- Dry skin occurs when the skin lacks oil. This can be treated by using oil-rich products.
- With dry skin, you’ll feel dry all over.
- Dry skin will frequently need moisturizer as your skin will soak it up very quickly.
Dehydrated skin differs from dry skin in the following ways:
- Unlike dry skin, dehydrated skin is a skin condition, meaning that anyone can experience it. This is only a temporary condition though.
- Dehydrated skin will occur when the skin lacks water. Dehydration can be treated with water-rich products.
- With dehydrated skin, you’ll feel both dry and oily at the same time.
- Dehydrated skin can be caused by many different factors, including an unhealthy diet, the weather, or overconsumption of alcohol.
Contact Your Venice, FL Dermatologist Today!
If you’re interested in learning more about skincare or our dermatology services, please don’t hesitate to contact us. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with us, we encourage you to give us a call at (941) 484-8222. We can’t wait to hear from you and help your skin become healthier and more radiant!