Weird Ways to Keep Acne in Check
At Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology, we believe everyone deserves beautiful, healthy skin they're proud to show off. When it comes to healthy skin, one of the most common problems faced by just about everyone is acne. Those annoying red pimples and pockmarks can be a major nuisance – but thankfully, there are things you can do to help. Here are a few methods to control acne you may not have heard of before!
Unconventional Approaches to Fighting Acne
We've all heard of Proactive, but there are many ways to control acne – and different methods will work for different people. Here are some little-known methods for fighting acne:
- Honey: While you may know it as a sweet topping for toast, honey actually has antibacterial properties. Use it as a spot treatment for nasty pimples.
- Aspirin: Aspirin is actually made from a derivative of salicylic acid, a powerful exfoliant that's used in chemical peels. Mix 5 crushed up aspirin tablets with honey and yogurt to form an acne-fighting face mask.
- Banana Peel: Bananas are loaded with nutrients, and rubbing the inside of a banana peel across acne can help heal the skin and calm pimples.
- Sunlight: In moderation, exposure to sunlight can help kill the bacteria that cause acne as well as help the body create Vitamin D, which helps it fight acne. Spend roughly 10-20 minutes a day in the sunshine to help fight acne without increasing your risk of skin cancer.
- Potato: Potatoes are starchy and contain plenty of potassium, sulfur, chloride, and phosphorous, making them helpful in the fight against acne. Just place a thin slice of potato over acne breakouts to help calm them down.
Get Professional Acne Treatment in Venice, FL
Of course, the best way to fight acne is to enlist the help of a professional – and Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology is here to help. As skin health experts serving the Venice, FL area, we can provide medical-grade skin peels and acne treatments to help you reclaim healthy, glowing skin. Give us a call at 941-484-8222 if you have more questions about the best ways to control acne, and if you'd like to come in for a consultation appointment, feel free to reach out to us at our contact page. We can't wait to hear from you, and we wish you luck in controlling your acne!