Your Quick Fix For Summer Skin Damage
With October and November quickly approaching, the high humidity and harsh Florida sunlight is finally dwindling and bringing us a significant cool-down. Summer vacations have definitely taken a toll on our skin, and it’s the perfect time for a fresh recovery. At Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology in Venice, Florida, our personable and professional doctors and staff believe in keeping your skin flawless throughout the year, no matter the season. Read on to discover the solution to treating your skin with a low-risk procedure that does not involve lasers.
Benefits Of Chemical Peels
Chemical peels consist of customized chemical solutions that are used by professionals to remove any damaged outer layer of the skin, so that new, softer skin can resurface and improve wrinkles, scars, acne scars, dark patches, and dark circles. To achieve your radiant glow for the rest of the year with a hassle-free procedure that removes summer sun damage and blotchy patches, while lightening your skin, choose a chemical peel that will remove your dead skin cells and rejuvenate your face. Some of the various benefits of a chemical peel are:
- Acne management
- Lightening the skin
- Quick and short recovery time
- Fast treatment procedure
- Unclogging of pores
- Smoother, softer, skin
- Even toned skin throughout
- Improving minor scarring
Types Of Peels
Our professionals customize each and every chemical peel treatment based on your skin’s needs. In addition to individualized chemical solutions, there are three different levels of peels, ranging from light, medium, to deep. Most minor sun damage from the summer will fall under our light peels category.
- Light peels contain milder chemicals that remove the outermost skin cells from the epidermis. These peels can be applied once a week for up to six weeks to maintain consistency and achieve desired results.
- Medium peels remove skin from both the epidermis and the upper layer of the dermis. These peels are stronger than the light peels, and may cause stinging before the neutralizer is applied. Depending on the strength of the peel, some people experience redness and irritation that lasts for a short week.
- Deep peels remove the epidermis and parts of the middle to lower dermis, being our strongest type of peel that is used for deeper skin issues. This peel is typically used for special circumstances and not repeated. Swelling typically lasts for two weeks.
Visit Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology In Venice, FL To Revitalize Your Skin
Now that summer vacations have ended, trust Drs. Wasserman and Ulitsky to give you the glow you want for the upcoming holiday season. While you’re at it, take advantage of our October BOO-tox Special: $10 per unit (regularly $15!) If you have further questions about chemical peels, or all things skin-related, contact us today or give us a call at (941) 484-8222. We can’t wait to meet you at our Venice office!