Foods to Avoid for A Beautiful Face
- Posted on: Jun 11 2017
At Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology, our mission is to help you achieve healthy, vibrant radiant skin, and we’re proud to offer a variety of high-quality dermatology and skincare treatments to help you get there. But maintaining healthy skin means more than just visiting your Venice, FL dermatologist – and it turns out that even your diet plays a role in the health of your skin. To help you stay healthy inside and out, here are some foods you should steer clear of if you want beautiful, clear, healthy skin on your face.
5 Foods that Hinder Skin Health
- Ice Cream: We all love a scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day, but unfortunately, our faces do not. That’s because all the sugar in ice cream produces chemical reactions in the skin that damage collagen and elastin, two of the proteins most responsible for healthy skin. To keep your face looking fresh, skip that ice cream scoop and opt for something a little less sugary.
- White Bread: Whether it’s white bread, a white bagel, or cookies, refined carbohydrates can do a number on skin. Instead, opt for fiber-rich foods to keep skin strong.
- Milk: Got milk? Actually, maybe the best answer is no. Skim milk has been linked to increased acne breakouts, which means that there might be better ways to get your calcium.
- Processed Food: TV dinners, canned spam, frozen meals… to your skin, it’s all the same. Often high in sodium, processed foods can suck the life out of your skin – instead, head to the market and pick up some fresh produce.
- Junk Food: This one might be obvious, but it’s worth reiterating: potato chips, candies, and most things that come in a brightly colored bag can seriously damage your skin. Often, these foods are full of sodium, sugar, carbs, or a combination of the three, which is bad news for skin health.
Contact Your Venice, FL Dermatologist
Next time you’re thinking about what to eat for a meal or how to satisfy that snack craving, keep in mind that for a beautiful face, you need to treat your skin right – and diet matters. Outside of diet, getting regular skincare and face treatments can go a long way to helping keep the skin on your face beautiful. At Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology, we’re proud to offer high-quality skin treatments to patients throughout Venice and the Northport, FL area. Reach out to us at our contact page to learn more about the services we have to offer, and if you have any questions, just call us at (941) 484-8222. We hope to hear from you soon, and we wish you luck in eating right to support your skin health!
Posted in: Industry News