Skin Care Tips for Men
- Posted on: Aug 22 2017
Did you know that men’s faces naturally produce more oil than women? This is due to all of the hair follicles on a man’s face that women don’t have to deal with. More oil also means that your pores are prone to becoming clogged much more easily. This is all the more reason to take care of your skin!
Men’s Skin Care Products—Real or Hype?
For some men, “skin care” is something their spouses or girlfriends do. Even the words “skin care” conjure images of costly mixtures and magic lotions that promise anti-wrinkle and anti-aging effects. So it’s not entirely surprising that some men respond to new lines of men’s skin care products with skepticism; to some, these new products seem like insignificant marketing ploys. However healthy skin isn’t only for guys who fit the GQ “metrosexual” profile. Not only do dermatologists across the nation recognize the benefits of men’s skin care, but so do your doctors at Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology! Ultimately, we want to help you achieve youthful, healthy, and clear skin that you’ll be proud of.
Prevent Skin Cancer & Other Serious Skin Diseases
Healthy skin and men’s skin care products aren’t just about looking youthful; they can also help prevent dangerous skin diseases. More than 1 million new instances of skin cancer are accounted for every year, as indicated by the American Academy of Dermatology. About 8,000 of those cases are lethal. At Wasserman Ulitsky Dermatology, we see many cases of skin cancer due to prolonged sun exposure (including tanning). That being said, the single best recommendation we can give you is to wear sunscreen. Luckily, there are basic healthy skin care products accessible for men that require little time or cash. Indeed, men can sometimes even have an edge over ladies in the healthy skin department. In any case, there are a couple of products and skin care habits that can help both women and men’s skin look awesome at any age.
Quick Tips & Takeaways
- Wear Sunscreen—We said it before, and we’ll say it again: Please. Wear. Sunscreen.
- Drink Water—It may seem simple, but drinking a lot of water is a tried-and-true method to help you get rid of dry skin from the inside out.
- Wash Your Face—We recommend using a mild hypoallergenic cleanser like Cetaphil to wash your face every morning and every night.
- Avoid Aftershave—Many aftershave products are alcohol-based, which means that they will only dry out your skin. Opt for a hydrating alternative, like a daily moisturizer.
- Daily Moisturizer—Aftershave concerns aside, you should definitely use a gentle daily moisturizer on a daily basis. Pro tip: kill two birds with one stone and choose a moisturizer with sunscreen.
- Sleep—Like drinking water, getting at least 8 hours of sleep in another tried-and-true way to keep your complexion clear and bright.
Dermatologist in Venice, FL
As skin health experts serving the Venice, FL area, we can provide a number of treatments to supplement your daily skin care regimen to help you achieve and maintain healthy, glowing skin. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (941) 484-8222. In addition, if you’d like to come in for a consultation appointment, feel free to reach out to us at our contact page. We can’t wait to hear from you, and we hope you use some of these men’s skin care tips!
Posted in: Industry News